of the American Indian
3001 Central Street
Evanston, IL 60201
Map & Directions
The Mitchell Museum of the American Indian is located at the corner of Central Street and Central Park Avenue in northwest Evanston.
3001 Central Street, Evanston, Illinois, 60201
Metered and free street parking is available on Central Street in front of the museum. Free parking is located behind the museum building. Enter the parking lot from Central Park.
- Located on the northwest corner of Central Street and Central Park, the museum is east of Crawford and west of Green Bay Road.
- From Sheridan Road or Green Bay Road: Travel west on Central Street to 3001 Central at the northwest corner of Central and Central Park.
- From I-94: Exit at Old Orchard and go east to Crawford and turn north to Central and then head east on Central to the museum at 3001 Central at the northwest corner of Central Street and Central Park.
The Mitchell Museum is accessible by the Chicago Transit Authority's Purple Line train, 201 and 206 buses.
- Take the Purple Line to the Central Street stop to transfer to a westbound #201 bus, exit at Central Park stop or walk west along Central Street about 1-1/2 miles to Central Park .
- The #206 bus can be caught at Howard Station (weekdays only) and ridden to Central Street and Central Park.
The Mitchell Museum is also accessible by the Metra's Union Pacific North route.
- Exit at the Central Street Station and transfer to a westbound 201 or 206 CTA bus, or walk west along Central Street 1 mile to Central Park.
HOURS & ADMISSION
Tuesday – Saturday:
10am – 5pm
Thursday: 10am – 8pm
Sunday: 12pm – 4pm
Children, students, teachers, seniors: $3.00
Mitchell Members: FREE
Tribal Members: FREE
CONNECT WITH THE
Join the thousands of people each year who enjoy docent-led tours of the Mitchell >>
Check out the Mitchell's