As the world becomes more connected online, the Mitchell Museum is keeping up. On this page, you can find our original content that prepares visitors for an enhanced visit and links to outside sites that provide more information on American Indian tribes and culture.
- Teacher’s Guide to the Curriculum
- Curriculum K-12
- Resources corresponding to curriculum K-12
- Resources corresponding to curriculum K-5
Field Trip Lesson Plans & Worksheets
- Introduction to Lesson Plans
- Pre-Assessment Lesson Plans & Worksheets
- Woodlands Lesson Plans & Worksheets
- Plains, Great Basin and Plateau Lesson Plans & Worksheets
- Southwest Lesson Plans & Worksheets
- Northwest Coast Lesson Plans & Worksheets
- Arctic and Sub-Arctic Lesson Plans & Worksheets
- Post Assessment Lesson Plans & Worksheets
Additional websites and links
- Indians of the Midwest
- Supported by the National Endowment for the Humanities, The Newberry Library’s multimedia educational website “Indians of the Midwest, Past and Present” focuses on Native people of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. Issues explored include contemporary issues with roots in the history of the region: tribal sovereignty, hunting and fishing rights, casinos, treaties, identity, repatriation, and stereotypes.
- American-Indian Wars
- Northern Illinois Historic League & Illinois Historic Group Directory
E-learning and virtual learning opportunities are on the way. We are currently working with community educational organizations to create fun and educational online experiences that will teach about American Indian cultures.